Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

All-American Chocolate Chip Cookies

What is that one dessert that is perfectly all-American? You guessed it...chocolate chip cookies! These wonderful little delights are sweet, buttery, flaky, and absolutely perfect.

 

I've been down with a bad cold the past week, and in serious need of some dessert. So, I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies. I have tasted many a chocolate chip cookie, but this recipe is my all-time favorite. It was my mother's and my grandmother's recipe and it is absolutely delicious.


  I like to use margarine for this recipe because it  flattens out a lot less. That's the only time I ever cook with margarine.



 
This dough pulls together really nicely. It becomes velvety and soft.




 
Chocolate chips. YUM!

 
I always like to set aside a few chips to snack on while the cookies are baking...



 
These cookies flattened out a little more than they should have, what with using the margarine. I think maybe it's because I didn't chill the dough as much as I should have. 

Ready for the recipe? This recipe is simple and absolutely wonderful. I made a double batch in the pictures, and that barely fit in my standard size Kitchen Aid. If you do make a double batch, be forewarned that there will be spillage and some mishaps. The advantage to a double batch is having a bunch of dough left over to freeze.

All American Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients: 
2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Cup Margarine, Softened
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsps Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 12 oz. Package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 F. Into large bowl, measure all ingredients except chocolate chips. (use an electric mixer because of the butter). Beat on medium speed until well blended. I like to cream the butter and sugars first, and then add everything else, but it truly doesn't matter. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Cool slightly before removing from pan or they will fall apart. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.

Do y'all have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? What are you craving this week? Write to me at myculinarycraving@gmail.com with questions, comments, or new recipes for me to feature on here!


No comments:

Post a Comment